Note: In order to reserve a specific apartment, we require a completed application, credit check authorization form, reservation agreement, application fees, deposit, and suporting documents. We can reserve an apartment for up to 30 days from its first date of availability with all necessary documents and payments. Applications may be submitted electronically through DocuSign. Please contact us directly so that we can email you a link through DocuSign.
(These documents must be signed. Then they can be hand delivered, mailed, scanned and emailed, or faxed to us. Contact us if you would like to submit these forms electronically through DocuSign.)
Please fill out the application for Chesapeake Commons completely. The application and related documents must be signed.
Please specify the apartment in which you are interested and if you will have a pet. This will help determine pricing and amount of security deposit for the unit.
Also sign the Credit Check Authorization form so that we can perform a credit check, rental history verification, employment/income verification, and criminal history check.
You will also need to provide proof of employment or student information and other documents including:
- Employment verification: Two most recent pay stubs (at least one month's worth), or an employment offer letter on company letterhead with salary amount listed, or a w2 form from the previous year, or a tax return from the previous year if you are self-employed.
- OR Student verification: Offer letter plus other official documents detailing stipend, financial aid package, and/or loan package for current or upcoming semester (Note: Students without sufficient income will be asked to provide a Lease Guarantor. Guarantors must also go through the application process and pay the application fee.)
- AND Two most recent bank statements, either checking or savings account
There is a non-refundable $30 application fee per applicant due upon submission of application. All adults (18+ years) must submit an application. Also note that all residents will be listed on the lease agreement.
- Application fees may be paid through our website (http://www.chesapeakecommons.com/make-a-payment). You will have to create an account in order to make a payment. You may also pay by personal check or money order.
- An application will not be considered until all information is submitted and payment is received.
When you are approved:
To officially reserve a specific apartment and for you to eventually take possession of that apartment, we require a deposit. The amount of the deposit is based on your application.
- At the time you submit your deposit, you will sign a Reservation Agreement. This document notes the rental rate, deposit amount, preferred move-in date, and states your intention to sign a lease for an apartment.
- Deposits may be paid through our website (http://www.chesapeakecommons.com/make-a-payment). You will have to create an account in order to make a payment. You may also pay by personal check or money order.
- An apartment will not be considered as officially reserved and will not be taken off the market until the deposit payment is received and a Reservation Agreement is signed.
Before you move in:
- The Leasing Office draws up your lease, which includes the lease start and end dates, rental rate, parking fee (if you have a car) and pet fees (if you have a pet). The lease must be signed prior to the start of your lease.
- You are given information on setting up utilities, etc. (BG&E Electric, Renters Insurance, Internet, Cable, and Telephone) and building policies and procedures.
- You will fill out additional forms so we know how to contact you, who to contact in case of emergency, etc.
- The first month's rent is due by the start of the lease.
- You must obtain Renters Insurance by the start of the lease.
- You must schedule a move-in date and time (9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm) with the Leasing Office. We do this in order to reserve the move-in entrance and elevator for you.
- All necessary paperwork must be completed and signed and all payments must be made before keys will be released. There are no exceptions to this.